Being home to millions of dinoflagellates. At night, the lagoon sparkles and glistens when disturbed, as these microscopic organisms produce an eerie glow, reflecting the outlines of fish and other objects in the water. The Luminous Lagoon is said to be the largest and most brilliant of four in the world, a fact that continually attracts and awes visitors and scientists from around the world. The Luminous Lagoon tour is a sunset adventure that is sure to delight everyone. Embark at sunset for fun filled unique experience, and this is a trip to Jamaica’s famous Luminous Lagoon on a night cruise like no other! With your complimentary rum or fruit punch drink in hand, hop aboard as we head out to the magical glistening waters.
Surrounded by mangroves, at night the waters of the lagoon are home to microscopic organisms that emit a glowing blue light when disturbed. Once we’ve cruised to the middle of the lagoon, you can jump in and experience the true beauty of this incredible natural wonder. Jamaica’s Luminous Lagoon is one of the few places in the world to have such a high concentration of these harmless organisms, and this is truly an experience not to be missed when visiting Jamaica!
General Tour Information
- All tours are weather permitting
- Age & weight restrictions may apply at some venue
- Entry fee applicable at some venues (not included)
- Bring clothes, swimsuits & towels where necessary
- Bring cash, camera, sunscreen. No jewellery
- Some tours are not recommended for pregnant women
- Some tours are not recommended for the physically challenged
- Check out our Terms & Conditions.